- This event has passed.
Piedmont Legacy Trails Summit
We invite you to attend the 2019 Piedmont Legacy Trails Summit at Salem Lake Marina in Winston-Salem. It should be a great day of learning and networking with trail advocates from all across our region, and beyond.
The agenda includes:
- Regional collaboration (Overmountain Victory Trail)
- Planning urban beltlines (Durham Beltline)
- Engaging trail volunteers (an engaging panel of successful volunteer programs)
- Highlights of regional trail projects (including the exciting project at the Wil-Cox Bridge and the Yadkin River Park)
- Interactive discussions
- Launch of our new PLT online trail finding map
- Piedmont Legacy Trail Awards
Our keynote speaker will be Blake Sanders, PLA – City of Easley Planning Director/Mayor for the Town of West Pelzer, South Carolina who will speak about the transformative effect of trails on small towns.
Register at the Piedmont Legacy Trails website. Registration includes lunch and breaks, as well as Piedmont Legacy Trails swag.
We invite you to join us for an optional bike ride on the beautiful Salem Lake Trail after the Summit (7 miles, one hour). Bring your own bike or reserve one of the limited and free bike share bikes on your registration form.