222 E Main St
Elkin, NC 28621
Please join us Thursday, May 4th and Friday, May 5th for the 2nd-Biennial conference focused on how trail communities and trail leaders can work together to make the Mountains-to-Sea Trail (MST) great for hikers and for the counties and towns the trail goes through.
The conference will be a place to:
- learn about how long-distance trails like the MST benefit communities like yours
- share ideas about how we can work together to help the trail and your community
Who should attend the conference? Elected officials, local goverment staff, and tourism, chamber and economic development leaders who want to learn more about how the MST can be an asset in their communities.
What does the conference cost? Early registration is $165 through February 14, 2016. (The price rises to $185 on February 15, and to $200 on April 1), If you need a hotel room on Thursday night, we’ve reserved a block of rooms for $89 per night at the Fairfield Inn in Elkin. Please call the hotel directly at 336-353-2008 and provide the code “Trail Town Conference” to reserve your room.
We’ve planned an informative, fast-paced agenda to help you learn more about trail progress, what other MST communties are doing, and examples of successful trails in other areas.
The agenda includes:
- An update on progress and plans for the MST
- Sessions on funding, marketing, working with utilities, and understanding the economic impact of trails.
- A chance to hear directly from people who have hiked the entire MST who will share what they found most appealing and what would encourage them to visit an area again.
- A tour of what the Town of Elkin is doing to build and promote the MST – Elkin is making extraordinary progress in building the MST and welcoming citizens and visitors alike to enjoy its trails and spend time in Elkin and Surry County while they’re at it. Town leaders and trail volunteers with the Elkin Valley Trails Association will show you what they’ve done, explain how they did it, and share their ideas for the future.
- Representatives of successful trail programs in other states that are making an economic difference for communities in those states.
- Share your ideas about ways we can help you make the most of the trail in your community.
- Opportunities to explore downtown Elkin.
- A great chance to meet and learn from others, like you, who are working to build the MST in their communities.
Do you know someone else who would be interested in this conference? Please take a moment to send them a link to this page.