Join other trail enthusiasts to learn about and celebrate the Mountains-to-Sea Trail with National Geographic Adventurer of the Year, Jennifer Pharr Davis.
Jennifer, a world-renowned hiker, author, and speaker, hiked the Appalachian Trail in 46 days in 2011. From August to November 2017, she will be hiking all 1175 miles of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail (MST), from the Great Smokies to the Outer Banks.
On this MST hike, Jennifer is not out to set a speed record. Instead, her goal is to raise awareness and support for her homestate trail as she hikes and explores North Carolina with her husband Brew and two young children (4-year-old Charley and 8-month-old Gus). She’ll talk about what inspires her about the MST, what she’s seen so far and what’s coming up further down the trail, plus the joys and challenges of hiking with little ones.
This family-friendly event will include:
– an inspiring talk by Jennifer with plenty of time for questions about the MST and hiking
– delicious refreshments and a cash bar
– a song or two by Brew, Jennifer’s talented singer-songwriter husband
– lots of door prizes donated by sponsors of the trail to the MST 40th Anniversary Fund
– book signing time with Jen (her books will be available for purchase, or you can bring your copies from home)
– a beautiful setting
– a chance to learn more about how you can support Friends of the MST’s work to build, protect and promote the trail.
Admission to the event is free with a donation to the Friends of the MST. Jennifer is encouraging everyone who loves the outdoors and North Carolina to financially support the trail with a meaningful gift. The work of Friends – to build and protect the MST and help people hike it – is dependent on donations from individuals and companies who see the value of the trail in their own lives and communities.
We look forward to having you join us for this fun, inspirational night, celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the MST and Jennifer’s hike across our great state.